“Hitech Jointing Mortar” is a thin bed, high strength, pre-mixed, quality assured mortar comprising of Ordinary Portland Cement, specially graded sand and Polymers. It is specially formulated and easily applied, giving a better bonding with higher air entraining properties. “Hitech Jointing Mortar” is a masonry mortar for use in laying various types of fly ash / concrete bricks, AAC blocks and stones. It replaces conventional jointing mortar of 12- 18 mm thickness with highly versatile 3-4 mm thickness mortar.
Special Properties of “Hitech Jointing Mortar”:
- Our Quick setting proprietary mortar essentially “glues’ the block together and the next course is ready to lay within a very short time.
- Higher bonding strenth increases durabilty and eliminates future maintenance.
- Non-metallic doesn’ trust out, will not discolor wall.
- Ready mixed mineral based products designed for new construction as well as for renovation purpose.
- Being premixed, it saves considerable time and labour and increases dimensional stability of the blocks.
- It doesn’t cause damage to eco system.
- Being pre-mixed and less porous, It inhibits efflorescence.
Areas of use:
- Laying bricks and blocks
- To join fly ash bricks, cement block, hollow blocks, aerated block etc.
- Jointing of prestressed concrete slabs, panels.
- Jointing of cement window and door frames.
- Barbecues and fire places.
- Garden and boundary walls.
- Screed and compost bins, sand pits.
- Bench stands, bicycle stands.
- Ornamental Pools.
- Repairing of masonry walls.
- When laying new brick or block walls first construct a sound footing below the first line.
- All substrates should be cleaned and free from dust, oil, grease, curing agents, paints, which may affect adhesion.
- Wet the substrates before the application, without leaving excess water.
- When repairing mortar joints, remove all loose foreign materials.
Preparation of “Hitech Jointing Mortar”:
- Take a small amount of water in a bucket and gradually add “Hitech Jointing Mortar” in it. Mix the product with water in the ratio of 1:4.
- Mixing can be done manually or by stirrer.
- Mixing to be done till homogenous mix is obtained.
- After the proper mixing, leave the paste for 5-10 minutes for polymeric dispersion before application.
- The paste should be kept away from direct sunlight, heat, and used within 60-90 Minutes of preparation (after mixing with water.)
Application of “Hitech Jointing Mortar”:
- Layout the wall you are going to work on and mark openings like door, windows, and any architectural appurtenances, you are including in your design.
- Put a thin layer of Jointing Mortar in the thickness of 3 to 4 mm on the clean and leveled surface using proper trowel on which the block work is to be carried out. Place the block on the laid jointing mortar in proper line and level.
- After placing the first block apply the jointing mortar of the same thickness i.e 3-4mm for both horizontal and vertical joint of the block.
- Space “mortar boards” about every six feet along the wall, or on each side if the project is small.
- Brush the face of the brick with a foxtail brush to wipe away excess mortar and finish smoothing the joint.
- Continue laying the brick with 3-4 mm thickness of jointing mortar until you are leveled with the leads you laid up.
Filling the joints:
Spread the mortar across the whole surface using the rubber blade of the trowel and work thoroughly into the joints.
Brushing Off :
After approximately 10-15 minutes, the mortar should have achieved a semi-dry consistency.Don’t brush this residual mortar into any unfilled joints.
- It should be kept in dry and cool place.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Avoid inhalation of dust .
- Use proper tools while cutting bricks.
- Tools should be thoroughly cleaned in water to remove excess materials immediately after use.
“Hitech Jointing Mortar” is available in 40kg PP bag.
125 – 140 sq.ft per 40 kg bag at 3 – 4mm thickness (100mm AAC Blocks).
* Please note that coverage will depend on the thickness and finishing of the AAC blocks used.