“Hitech Plaster” is a strong, durable pre-mixed powder suitable for plastering over all types of old or new conventional clay bricks, fly ash bricks/blocks and Autoclaved Aerated Concrete blocks(AAC). It is normally applied to masonry interiors and exteriors to achieve a smooth surface.
Special Properties of “Hitech Plaster”:
- Preparation is simple, Just add water.
- Lighter than traditional cement sand site mix mortar.
- Minimizes cracking and shirnkage free product.
- Prevents seepage of water.
- Fungus resistant.
- Non-toxic and non flammable.
- Ease of application.
- Saves both manpower and time.
- Being ready to use, it covers more work per day.
Areas of Use:
- Under coating and plastering over existing concrete and brick/block walls.
- Use as a levelling plaster for correction of surface undulation in bare concrete block and other cementitious substrates.
- Basic levelling of concrete, light weight blocks and bricks.
- Filling holes and irregularities, levelling walls and ceilings.
- Create a leveled surface from uneven masonry or concrete wall.
- Dirt, soil, and roof runoff stains from the surface should be removed.
- Use a garden hose to loosen the dirt. Start at the top and wash the dirt down the wall.
- Proper hacking is to be done prior to application in concrete surface.
- Pre-wet the wall before application.
Preparation of “Hitech Plaster”:
- Take a small amount of water in a bucket and gradually add “HitechPlaster” in it. Mix the product with approximately 20 – 25% of water.
- Mixing can be done manually or by stirrer.
- Mixing to be done till homogenous mix is obtained.
- After proper mixing, leave the paste for 5-10 minutes for polymeric dispersion before application.
- Protect the paste from heat and use within 1 hour of preparation
Do’s about “Hitech Plaster”:
- Apply the mix to the surface using a steel trowel in a smooth even motion working from the base of the surface upwards to reduce wastage.
- Apply the mix with a trowel, followed by a second levelling if required.
- Once the surface is uniform, level with a wooden / fiber/steel / plastic float to produce a smooth even surface.
- Water curing for 3-4 days should be carried out prior to any subsequent application depending on the moisture level of the surface.
Don’ts about “Hitech Plaster”:
- Do not apply straight on to gypsum panels.
- Do not use in damp areas.
- Do not add water to make it workable, prepare a fresh mixture.
- Avoid very high speed mixing when electric mixing equipments are used.
- “Hitech Plaster” should be stored in a dry place.
*Although “Hitech Plaster” is non-hazardous, following precautions should be adhered:
- Keep out of reach of the children.
- Avoid inhalation of dust.
- Incase of contact with eyes, rinse eyes with plenty of water and consult a doctor immediately